See all of our current openings here: angel.co/adazza/jobs
Software Engineer - Backend Services
We are looking for exceptional software engineers interested in early stage opportunities in backend engineering for our data pipeline and machine learning SaaS products.
As part of our small team, you will be responsible for the design and implementation of Adazza’s backend services. These systems power all of our applications and include user management, data ingestion, ETL, reporting and visualization, and machine learned churn prediction. We take a modern approach to systems architecture, combining fined grained services running atop Finagle, Finatra, and Scala with Hive, Spark, and Nifi for large scale batch data processing. In the backend engineer role, you will work closely with our chief architect and the rest of the team to create and expand these core application systems.
We are looking for engineers with the right combination of deep expertise, creativity, flexibility and leadership to thrive in a fast moving, fun, occasionally chaotic startup environment. You should be comfortable working with a wide range of technologies and be able to quickly and eagerly learn new systems and skills as the need arises. Above all, you will need to think like an owner, anticipate customers’ needs for new features, and solve problems before others even recognize them.
To be considered, candidates must have:
- At least 5 years of professional software engineering experience.
- Deep knowledge of Scala and/or Java and associated libraries and frameworks.
- Experience developing in a service-oriented or microservices architecture.
- Very strong computer science fundamentals – algorithms, data structures, object-oriented and functional design.
- Excellent teamwork and communication skills.
Desirable skills include:
- Familiarity with “big data” distributed systems such as Hadoop, Spark, and Nifi.
- Knowledge of Data Warehouse design, operation and ETL processes.
- Experience with AWS.
- Security processes and best practices.
- Experience with Python for scripting and devops.
If you're ready to take your experiences and apply them in a place where impact will be large and immediate, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Technical Product Manager
Adazza is looking for a technical product manager who is interested in early stage opportunities to join our product & engineering team. You are someone who is great at asking the right questions and has a strong SQL and analytics foundation under your belt.
In this role you will deliver analytical leadership coupled with a deep understanding of data modeling. As part of our team, you will own the full suite of dashboards and analytics we’re developing for the telecom industry. The insights you generate will be relied on by the key executives and business teams to inform large scale & critical business decisions, often impacting tens of millions in revenue.
We are ingesting a full range of complex data sets from our telecom customers. You should be comfortable working with a range of visualization tools and optimizing analyses to run on top of our cloud data platform.
What we’re looking for:
- Proven ability to write, tune and execute SQL queries
- 5+ years experience providing a business/functional perspective to analytics & data science projects, and support problem scoping and structuring
- Experience as a metrics driven PM or business analyst working with analytics tools such as Looker, Tableau, Power BI
- Ability to lead long-term analytic development initiatives and manage multiple projects with competing priorities simultaneously
- Someone who can self-organize around action items and commit to deadlines in a fast paced and demanding environment
- Fluency with one or more of the following data warehouse/data lake systems: Amazon Redshift, Spark SQL, Hive, PostgreSQL.
Even better if you have:
- Ability to collaborate with ML engineers to help in the development process with data insights
- Degree in science, computer science, statistics, economics, mathematics, or similar quantitative discipline
- Passion for tackling very loosely defined problems and converting them into insights that drives business decisions
- Create compelling stories using data for audiences ranging from executives to non-technical business teams
If you're ready to take your experiences and apply them in a place where impact will be large and immediate, please send your CV to email@example.com.
Adazza is looking for an ambitious professional who is seeking the opportunity to build and scale operations at an early-stage enterprise software company. This is an exciting time in Adazza’s journey, as we forge enterprise level deals across global telecom and cable operators.
This position is for someone who is seeking a unique opportunity to create an operational framework and strategy from the ground up, and grow with the company as we scale hiring, customers, and revenue.
You should be comfortable hearing a wide number of hats and eagerly learn new skills as the need arises. Above all, you will need to think like an owner: anticipating the organization’s needs and solving problems before others even recognize them.
- Drive and coordinate the company’s strategy and planning process, and meet regularly with leadership to set and track goals throughout the organization.
- Coordinate and assist with customer QBRs, and other sales & marketing projects
- Help manage current and future partnerships
- Help drive competitive & market analysis
- Oversee Successful Execution of High Priority Cross-Functional Projects
- Lead quarterly board of directors presentation deck
- Manage operations across the company including HR, legal, finance, and accounting.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience
- MBA preferred
- 3-5 of experience in a highly analytical, consultative or operational role
- Experience in operations, venture capital, management consulting, investment banking, marketing, or product management is desirable
- Proven ability to: work in a team environment, produce results independently, solve complex problems, exhibit strong judgement, lead and manage through ambiguity
- A track record of creativity and innovative problem solving
- Strong analytical skills including data manipulation, market research & analysis, visualization and presentation
- Proven ability to successfully manage fast paced, cross-functional projects
- Exceptional client-facing skills; previous experience working with executive stakeholders
Customer Success Manager
Adazza is looking for an ambitious professional to build and scale customer success at an early-stage enterprise software company. This is an exciting time in Adazza’s journey, as we forge enterprise level partnerships across global telecom and cable operators.
This role is for someone seeking a unique opportunity to create a customer success framework and assets from the ground up and grow with our mission driven company as we scale hiring, customers, and revenue.
A big part of this role is educating our customers on our data products and helping them become data driven organizations. Our customers are global, including emerging markets where they are experiencing tremendous growth in mobile demand. While telecoms are fighting to keep up with this demand, the goal of our software to replace and eliminate legacy BI tools and processes and empower the end business user with predictive and prescriptive insights.
You should be comfortable wearing a wide number of hats, be eager to learn new skills, and be enthusiastic about working with international companies. Above all, you will need to think like an owner: anticipating the customer’s needs and solving problems before others even recognize them.
Qualifications, Skills & Experience:
- 5+ years managing large scale project budgets, deadlines, and scope
- 2+ years in a Product Marketing and/or Engagement Management role, working with Executives as well project teams
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
- Experience in management/technical consulting at large management consulting firms (McKinsey, Bain, BCG, Accenture, Deloitte, PwC, etc.) and/or SaaS software companies
- Exemplary and proactive communication skills (emphasis on written communication)
- Ability to build and maintain lasting customer relationships
- Significant exposure and knowledge of SaaS platforms such as Salesforce, Zendesk, and other marketing automation platforms
- Tech oriented and understands market trends, particularly with enterprise software.
- Creating, monitoring, managing, and executing the project plan & schedule
- Assist with creating onboarding and customer success assets
- Understand the customer’s business challenges and creating a plan to overcome them
- Leading regular meetings with leadership team, customers, sponsors, and stakeholders
- Being the final point of accountability for managing risks to process to adjust project plans and address accordingly
- International travel to meet with customers and present QBRs